Creating a backup to submit with a bug report
To create a backup:
- Long press empty space on a home screen and select “Settings”.
- Select “Backup & Restore”.
- Select “Backup”.
- Select “Storage app”.
- Pick a name for the backup. Using the default “action-launcher-backup” is fine.
- Click “Save”.
- The files app that opens will vary depending on your device, but you want to select “Drive” as the location to save to.
- Save the file to Google Drive.
- Open Google Drive, navigate to this file, long press it and select “Copy link”.
- Include this link in your bug report.
Efforts will be made to improve this process going forward.